Arduino Based Humanoid Robot
1) Plastic sheet
2) Super Glue
3) 15 - High torque Servo motors ( I used TowerPro MG995 )
4) Arduino Atmega 2560 or other Arduino boards
5) 6V Battery (minimum 3 nos. Atmost 5 motors for each battery)
6) HC-05 Bluetooth module for communication
7) Other basic stuffs which every hobbyist have!
Trials and Errors.
At first I have no idea about the power of Servo motors and Electronics-Electricals that deals with batteries and circuits. I first planned for a life size robot for about 5 to 6 feet.
After trying almost 6 or 7 times I realized the maximum torque of a servo and reduced upto 2 to 3 feet of total height of the robot. I then tried upto hip of the robot to check the walking algorithm.
Click here to download the source code for arduino in c++.
This is the basic code for rotate any servo motor attached to any Arduino board.
But calibrating the rotating degrees and deciding which motors should run during the movement of each leg is the most tricky part of coding. It can be done by another Sketch called (Servo_Test). By testing the degree of rotation of each motors through serial communication through Arduino board, we can calibrate every motors.
Finally, the robot begins to walk after entering the value "0" in serial monitor window.